Powered by Blogger.

Easy Muesli Bars

Saturday 6 February 2016
I have been baking these Muesli Bars at least once a week for a very long time now.  They are tasty, versatile and very quick to make.  Perfect for lunchboxes or for a snack with a cuppa, you can vary the dried fruit, and even add seeds if you want to.


Easy Muesli Bars

100g butter
125ml golden syrup
100g dried apricots, finely chopped
100g sultanas
50g mixed seeds (optional)
75g dessicated coconut
150g rolled oats
50g plain flour

Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4.  Grease and line a 20cm/8 inch square cake tin.

Melt the butter and golden syrup together over a low heat in a medium sized saucepan.  Once melted and combined, stir in all the other ingredients.

Pour into the tin and press down well, I use a potato masher.  Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden.  Allow to cool in the tin then turn out and cut into squares.


5 comments:

  1. These look delicious, I really don't like coconut though - if I was to take it out would I need to add more of something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can add more seeds or just leave it out altogether Sarah :)

      Delete
  2. This looks really delicious, many thanks. How long do they keep in a tin, please?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, I've only had them in a tin for 3 days, my children tend to eat them all within that time :)

      Delete
  3. You've got to love a muesli bar - I usually have one for breakfast

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top